Residential gardens are very private spaces where one seeks quiet solitude, peace and relaxation from all of life's daily pressures. Beautiful gardens don’t just happen . . . they begin with a well-planned design that is not only aesthetically pleasing, but functional as well. A landscape designer understands how to organize spatial relationships and define them with plant materials and architectural elements to create outdoor rooms. They can crystallize your ideas to give you that garden you’ve been dreaming of and save you time, effort and money in the long run.
Please take the time to follow these simple steps in helping our designer create the garden of your dreams:
- Express your ideas and desires candidly . . . you will never receive what you fail to ask for.
- Decide how much the budget should be, and how much of the plan, if any, you want to install yourself.
- Determine in advance how much time, if any, you plan to spend on maintenance each week/season, You may need to ask for low-maintenance plants and/or water-wise methods, such as xeriscaping.
- List and prioritize your garden needs and desires, such as, privacy screening, access, shade, places to sit and think, colorful foliage, water gardens, special themes, and/or sculptural features like benches, Trellises, arbors, statuary, rocks, fences and gates. We can even help you find that special focal point that you just haven’t been able to find!
- Acknowledge the value of your own ideas . . . don’t be afraid to ‘show & tell’! Any magazine pictures or even your small sketches, as crude as you might think they are, can help the designer turn your ideas into reality. Remember that your garden should express your heart . . . not the designer’s ego.
Please Download our questionnaire to help in the design process.
Give us a call at 904-491-8684 or 904-887-8266 to discuss your landscape design!